Providing a safe place for you to find support amidst the storms of life
Cheryl’s formal training began in 2000 when she and her husband served eight years as associate pastors for a church in Portland, OR. Later she served as a Program Director for a women’s residential facility. There she provided spiritual direction, one-on-one counseling and education for women facing life controlling issues. She later worked as a clinical manager for a community mental health agency.
Cheryl has worked in the social service profession for over 20 years. Cheryl has a Bachelor’s of Science degree in biblical studies and holds a Masters of Arts in Counseling. She is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in the state of Washington. Cheryl provides mental health services for men and women at her private practice; with a specialty in working with women who have a history of trauma.
I believe therapy is a deeply personal journey that is most effective when treatment goals are co-created and aimed at improving client functioning, relationships, and quality of life. I enjoy working with issues of anxiety, trauma, grief/loss and other life transitions. I work to create a comfortable space for listening, reflecting, and questioning which allows fresh insights to emerge. It is my goal to provide a safe place for you to find support amidst the storms of life. My passion is to guide individuals in the process of defining their healing through the integration of their faith and various therapeutic approaches to mental health.
- ETHNICITY: All Racial or Ethnic Backgrounds
- RELIGIOUS ORIENTATION: Christian
- Elders (65+)
- Cognitive Behavioral (CBT)
- Interpersonal Neurobiology Therapy (INPB)
- Narrative Therapy
- Emotion Focused
- Strength Based
- Motivational Interviewing
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Couples (Gottman Certified)
- Trauma and PTSD
- Spiritual Care for leaders in ministry
Mental & Spiritual Wellness
Pastoral & Spiritual Care Services
Are you a pastor or leader in need of a safe, confidential and comfortable place to share the blessings and trials of being in ministry?
Are you a layperson in need of spiritual care and accountability?
- Spiritual Direction — focusing on helping you in growing your relationship with God. By combining my expertise in mental health and pastoral experience, we work together to discover and break through any barriers to deepening your relationship with God. This is a facilitated unhurried time which may include conversations, silence, readings, and prayers as orchestrated by the Holy Spirit
- Trauma | PTSD
- Relationship Issues
- Sexual Abuse
- Self Esteem
- Women’s Issues
- Life Transitions
- Average cost per session: $195+
- Sliding scale available
- Insurance is accepted
- Accepted Payment Methods: Check, Card, or Cash
Washington State Approved Clinical Supervisor
Provides clinical supervision for interns working towards a masters degree in counseling
AND Licensed Mental Health Counselor Associates (LMHCA) working towards licensure.
Domestic Violence Victims—Services
Call to Safety
(formerly Portland Women’s Crisis Line)
Mental Health Services
Mental Health Crisis Intervention
Oregon Suicide & Crisis Hotline
Washington State Health Care Authority
Urgent Walk-in Clinic:
1225 NE 2nd Ave. | Portland, OR 97232
open 7am to 10:30pm, seven days a week
Learn More About Mental Health